Iceland is an island that can be found in the northern part of the Atlantic Ocean. Though the name of the country means the land of ice, in reality the nature there is diverse and magical. But Iceland deserves people’s love not just because of its natural beauty. There are pretty grass roof houses, funny policemen, and cute traffic lights as well.
Bright Side put together a list of things that are absolutely common in Iceland, but they might surprise the rest of the world.
4. Icelanders are highly patriotic.
11. There are no McDonald’s restaurants in Iceland. The last one was closed in 2009. This is the last cheeseburger sold there.
13. Iceland is proud of its rocks. This apartment in Iceland, for example, has 2 rocks hung up as art.
16. In South Iceland, there are some geothermal areas where rye bread is baked in holes in the ground.
18. In Iceland, the crime rate is very low while the local police have a really cute Instagram profile.
19. If you don’t know what souvenir to bring from Iceland, here’s an idea for you — Icelandic air in a can.
Have you ever been to Iceland? Share your thoughts about this country in the comments below.