- Ghana has become the first country to receive Covid-19 vaccines through the World Health Organization’s COVAX program today, Wednesday 24th February 2021.
- Senegal developed one of the world’s most affordable Coronavirus testing kits, which costs USD1 each, USD60 3D printed ventilators.
- Senegal has one of the highest Coronavirus recovery rates in the world. 283 of its 671 Coronavirus patients have recovered.
- Morocco is producing air purifiers; it is using to reduce the spread of Coronavirus.
- Ghana is the first country in the world to fight the Coronavirus pandemic using drone technology.
- Madagascar has put itself on the radial after launching the World’s first cure for Coronavirus in the world. It is named COVID Organics. It’s the combination of organic materials processed.
Here are some of the measures taken by some African countries to cushion citizens from the adverse effects of COVID-19.
-No payment of rent by citizens until December 2020.
-Government to cover water and electricity bills for the next 3 months.
-Free public transport for the next three months.
-Free pharmaceutical products and necessities.
-Government to cover all water bills for 3 months.
-Health workers treating COVID-19 patients to receive 50% additional salary plus allowances.
-All health workers to be exempted from paying tax for 3 months.
-Door-to-door distribution of food.
-Provision of free water and electricity to its citizens.
-Provision of free medical supplies.
-A USD168 million relief fund to assist businesses to pay workers’ salaries so that none gets laid off.
-No payment of rent till further notice.
-Distribution of food to the vulnerable.