- The plural term for “nieces and nephews” is “niblings.”
- Your face turns red when you’re angry because your heart is beating faster to send more blood to your muscles, preparing you for a fight.
- There is no red light 30 feet underwater, so blood appears green.
- The true mark of maturity is when somebody hurts you and you try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back.
- Listen to the advice of older people. Not because they’re right, but because they have the most experience being wrong.
- It takes one minute to make someone’s day, and one word to destroy someone’s life.
- Worry is a down payment on a problem you may never have.
- When adjusted for inflation, John D. Rockefeller is the richest man in the history of the world with a net worth 10 times more than Bill Gates.
- Not arguing at all in a relationship represents a lack of interest. People who care about one another tend to argue now and again.
- One cigarette contains enough toxic ingredients to kill a person if those ingredients were directly injected into the bloodstream.
- Chameleon skin is made up of tiny, mirror-like crystals that reflect differing levels of light, allowing it to change color.
- Women speak an average of about 7,000 words a day. Men? just over 2,000.
- Almost every successful person begins with two beliefs: the future can be better than the present and I have the power to make it so.
- When you walk into a room and you forget why you walked in there in the first place. It is a phenomenon known as “event boundary.”
- Originally, carrots were purple.
Oluwole Olusanya is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of one of the fastest-growing lifestyle and entertainment website in the country. He is a banker, writer, blogger, public affairs analyst and a tax consultant. He anchors Trending Topics on SHEFFA where he shares his thoughts and opinions on trending issues.
He is currently studying for a Master’s Degree in Business Administration at the University of South Wales, Wales, United Kingdom. He has diplomas in Banking and Finance, Investigative Journalism, Creative Writing, and Linguistics from Lagos State Polytechnic, Isolo, Lagos, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland and The Open University, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom.