- If you ate a polar bear’s liver, you would die. Humans can’t handle that much vitamin A at once.
- If you sleep on your right side you will fall asleep faster than sleeping on your left side.
- It takes 9 hours, 36 minutes, and 10 seconds to reach the 1,048,576th row of an Excel spreadsheet by perpetually pressing the down arrow.
- You blink about 12 times every minute.
- The companies Puma and Adidas, two of the world’s most renowned shoe companies, were set up by German brothers whose last name was Dassler.
- The apples that we buy in supermarkets are harvested between 5-12 months before they arrive in the supermarket. For the rest of the time, they are stored in special fridges with low levels of oxygen to prevent decay.
- Sitting for 6 or more hours per day makes you 40% more likely to die within 15 years than someone who sits for less than three hours a day. Solution to this is 10mins Exercise everyday.
- 7 People control the whole internet. Yes, you heard it right. There are seven people assigned to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) who hold seven different keys. In the case of a Catastrophe, these seven people can meet again and restore the state of the Internet.
- The Internet took just four years to reach its first 50 Million Users. Television took 13 years . While the radio took 38 years to reach the same number of users. That’s cool!??
- Garfield the cartoon once offered its own Email service. Yes, Garfield, the cartoon character was offering an email service named GMail.com. Google later acquired the service, and they renamed it to Google Mail (GMail.com) as we all know today.
- In Ancient Greece, throwing an apple to a woman was considered a marriage proposal.
- The world’s first website is still online. The first website created was info.cern.ch , and it is still online. It’s a basic HTML site, and the page contains a few lines of text. The page was written with the help of the first version of HTML.
- Facebook boasts of a massive 2.234 Billion users. Approximately 30% of the world’s population is on Facebook. The social networking site had 1.74 billion mobile active users in Q3 2018. Statistics suggest that around 50% of Internet users are on Facebook.
- China has treatment camps for internet addicts. 200 million Internet users in China are between the ages of 15 and 35. Hence, it is most like that they lose self-control. Tao Ran, director of the country’s first Internet addiction treatment clinic under a military hospital in Beijing said that 40% of those addicted to the Internet suffer from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Ubong Effiong also known as Pendusky is a Customer Experience Management Personnel with Sterling Bank Plc.
Oluwole Olusanya is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of one of the fastest-growing lifestyle and entertainment website in the country. He is a banker, writer, blogger, public affairs analyst and a tax consultant. He anchors Trending Topics on SHEFFA where he shares his thoughts and opinions on trending issues.
He is currently studying for a Master’s Degree in Business Administration at the University of South Wales, Wales, United Kingdom. He has diplomas in Banking and Finance, Investigative Journalism, Creative Writing, and Linguistics from Lagos State Polytechnic, Isolo, Lagos, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland and The Open University, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom.