ABOUT THE FOUR-IN-HAND KNOT
Named after a 19th Century Gentleman’s Club of the same name, the Four-in-Hand is the reigning champion of necktie knots. Its popularity stems from its simplicity and versatility. It is easy to tie, slender, tapered, mildly asymmetrical and self-releasing. If you only learn one knot, make it the Four-in-Hand.
KNOT SIZE 2/5
THE FOUR-IN-HAND KNOT TYING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Start with the wide end of the tie on the right and the small end on the left. Begin with the small end slightly above your belly-button (will vary depending on your height and the length & thickness of your tie). Only move the active (wide) end.
2. Wide end over the small end to the left
3. Under the small end and to the right
4. Across the front and to the left
5. Up into the neck loop from underneath
6. Down through the loop you’ve just made in the front
7. Tighten the knot by pulling down on the wide end. Slide the knot up & adjust.
SOURCE: THE GENTLEMANUAL